Senior Product Manager
NOTE: Please apply directly on Workable: https://splendid-spoon.workable.com/jobs/936657, and note where you found this posting.
As Splendid Spoon’s Senior Product Manager, you will be responsible for managing our website experience from strategy to implementation, driving more efficient conversions, increased traffic and deeper product-market fit.
The Skill Set:
- 4+ years of product management or engineering in eCommerce.
- You are motivated by an iterative product design approach, identifying and prioritizing critical features based on comprehensive quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Hired and managed a team of developers to execute initiatives, ensuring on-time, accurate, and properly QA’ed delivery
- Django: we have a custom site built on this Python-based platform
- Legacy platforms: customized Zendesk support center
- Experience hiring and managing a high-caliber team of developers (scoping projects, identifying necessary skill sets, maintaining deadlines, etc.)
- Experience managing the technical scoping and rollout of custom web applications that connect and extend 3rd party platforms like Stripe, ShipStation, etc. via public-facing APIs
- Experience shipping physical goods online - hands-on experience with how internal and external systems work together to take an order from payment processing all the way through to fulfillment. Bonus points if you have experience with perishable goods!
- A strong desire to learn more about our customers and to deliver direct impact by overseeing our CRM program and continually optimizing the site experience via A/B testing to drive retention/reduce churn
- A highly collaborative approach and strong communication skills that help you to both understand the needs of others and set appropriate expectations
- Intermediate / Expert level familiarity with Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics, Segment, and Google Search Console in context of eCommerce sites (or similar experience with other 3rd party tools like Mixpanel, Amplitude, etc.)
- Splendid is solving for the stress of eating healthy during the 9 to 5 grind -- you should be passionate about improving the human experience through clean, delicious food!
Learning: within 3 months you'll...
- Develop our CRO strategy including setting up, monitoring, and evaluating ongoing A/B tests aimed to impact core KPIs (conversion, email capture, engagement) that translate to revenue
- Ensure we have an accurate understanding of site performance through proper instrumentation of our analytics platforms (Google Analytics, Looker)
- Manage and update marketing pixels via Google Tag Manager as necessary
- Deep dive on Splendid digital UX, including a full-funnel analysis, collaborating with fulfillment and CX teams to create roadmap of opportunities for improvement (increased conversion, decreased bounce rate)
- Collaborate with development team to optimize our agile SCRUM process, prioritize features that improve conversion, expedite feature launches
- Perform a metric-based analysis on product bundles (e.g. Breakfast and Lunch) understand how widely it is used, by what types of users, and how to optimize the product selection process of our flow.
Doing: within 6 months you'll...
- Establish, track, and report progress on product metrics and KPIs for leadership and the entire company
- Report on the outcomes of your product launches.
- Recommend emerging technologies, best practices, and competitive insights in the interest of improved experimentation/testing and revenue growth (more efficient acquisition and increased retention)
Mastering: 12 months you'll…
- Advocate for technology platforms and extensions that will improve our competitive advantage and deepen customer loyalty
- Drive the evolution of our tech product team - making data-based recommendations to management and board (e.g. building in-house dev team)
- Educate, mentor, and train team members across the entire company on product methodology and philosophy
The Splendid Spoon Story
Splendid Spoon is a wellness brand rethinking the way people eat, lose weight, and relate to food through ready-to-eat, plant-based soups and smoothies. Our mission is to empower our customers' individual health journeys, and free them from food anxiety with convenient meal plans and support.
We are passionate visionaries, creators, and doers who are motivated by our core mission of improving people’s relationship with food. We operate by three simple truths: collaboration, transparency, and doing better every day.
Perks and benefits:
- All the plant-based bowls and smoothies you could ever want!
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits